Seeking an Executive Director for
The Alumnae Association of the Philadelphia High School for Girls
The Executive Director of the Alumnae Association of the Philadelphia High School for Girls (AAPSG) is responsible for advancing the mission of the AAPSG by supporting the efforts of the school as it relates to the Alumnae Association, as well as supporting alumnae of the school. The Executive Director will be a key part of the AAPSG team. Development and fundraising are an important role for the Executive Director because the organization is independent from the School District of Philadelphia and is fully funded by donations. Responsibilities to include researching potential donors; working closely with AAPSG leadership; managing and improving our database system; writing and communicating; building stronger donor relations; and performing basic administrative duties. The position is based at Girls High’ in Philadelphia. The position is full time, with some nights and weekends as needed. The position will commence as soon as possible.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities of the Executive Director include:
The below statements are intended to describe the general nature and scope of work being performed by this position. This is not a complete listing of all responsibilities, duties, or skills required. Other duties may be assigned.
- Working with the Development committee to create a comprehensive fundraising and development plan, cultivating major donors, and researching and writing grants
- Supporting the recruitment efforts of the school by collaborating with the Principal and coordinating volunteers to execute recruitment plans
- Managing alumnae volunteers and overseeing schedules to ensure an active Alumnae Association presence is visible and available to the students
- Overseeing communication from the Alumnae Association and managing public relations including the quarterly newsletter and social media
- Converting the Alumnae Association room into a functioning office, including organizing files, determining what files are missing, and locating or recreating mandatory files
- Updating the alumnae database (Network for Good platform) by resolving duplications, executing change requests, comparing information from multiple databases and information owned by the Alumnae Association, and resolving bad addresses from returned mail on an ongoing basis
- Overseeing the organization, preservation, and maintenance of the Girls High Archives
- Monitoring the website to recommend and direct new content, and keeping information up to date
- Recruiting and managing student volunteers at the school to support the work of the Alumnae Association and other related duties
Qualifications of the Position:
A well-qualified applicant for this position should be detail-oriented, self-motivated, creative, and a team player with exemplary time management, planning, organizational and communication skills, and proven technical expertise. Candidates should have a solid understanding of a wide array of online technical tools, social media, mobile platforms, and possess good analytical skills. Development and fundraising experience, administrative experience, database management, and non-profit experience is required The Executive Director should expect to interact daily not only with Principal and Alumnae Association leadership, but also with Girls High alumnae of all ages, Girls High administration, and potential donors, so discretion and professionalism are required. The candidate must have and keep all background checks and clearances current. This position reports to the Executive Board of the Alumnae Association. Preference given to an Alumna of Girls High.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university or any equivalent combination of training and experience determined to be acceptable by the Alumnae Association
- Five years of full-time, paid, professional experience in a leadership or management role
You can download this description below.
Are you interested in other leadership alumnae opportunities? We also have opportunities to serve on the Board of Directors of the Alumnae Association of the Philadelphia High School for Girls. Learn more here.